The mission of the AIA Design for Aging (DFA) Knowledge Community is to foster design innovation and disseminate knowledge necessary to enhance the built environment and quality of life for an aging society. This includes relevant research on characteristics, planning and costs associated with innovative design for aging. In addition, DFA provides outcome data on the value of these design solutions and environments.
Follow us on LinkedIn.
Strategies for Safer Senior Living CommunitiesThis resource includes strategies for dining facilities, amenity spaces, and individual units. Download >
Design for Aging Knowledge Community – May 2023 Update
Save the Date! Upcoming CEU on Accessible Bathrooms. You have questions, we have an expert with answers. Amy Carpenter with SFCS will be sharing her love of the code on July 17.Check out our latest article by Megan Crites, AIA; featuring SmithGroup's Senior Living Studio Leader and Principal Alexis Burck, AIA at Women in Senior Living Architecture
EFA 2023 in Charlotte was a great success. Our breakfast panel was the most well attended in years. Thank you for coming out and seeing our seasoned architects who built the foundation of senior housing design. Big thank you to Glen Tipton, Alan Moore, Bob Koch, Mark Heckman, Claire Dickey, and Greg Hunteman! Start planning for Atlanta, April 13, 2024. https://environmentsforaging.com/
· Follow us - DFA Linked In Page
· Volunteers - We are looking for help re-imagining our student competition reach out if you'd like to help.
· Content wanted - Have you created content, research or written white-papers and would like to reach our full audience? We are interested, so let us know.
· Call for Leadership – committee applications are due by June 16. Join DFA Leadership
· Design for Aging Review 17 Awards – program is accepting submissions by July 13. DFAR 17 Awards Entry
------------------------------Sarah Gregory AIADwell Design Studio, LLCCharlotte NC------------------------------
AIA Conference on ArchitectureAIA Contract DocsAIAUAIA FoundationAIA StoreAIA TrustTopicA
© 2023 AIA