2022 SFx Board
= Chair / Bold
= Executive Committee
|Bart Shaw, FAIA
|Bruce T. Fallon, AIA
|Bruce Sekanick, FAIA
|Chris Schmitt, AIA
|Christian Jordan, AIA
|Dana Ellis, AIA
|Darguin Fortuna, AIA
|David Corban, AIA
|Elizabeth Pacheco, AIA
|Hayley Ruthrauff, AIA
|Jamie Walsh, AIA
|Janet Bloomberg, FAIA
|Jennifer Cosgrove, AIA
|Jeremiah Russell, AIA
|Kurt Neiswender, AIA
|Matthew Clapper, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP
|Natalie J. Morgan, AIA, LEED AP
|Tatyana Bresler, AIA
|Venesa Alicea AIA, NOMA, LEED AP BD+C, WELL AP
The American Institute of Architects actively promotes a diverse profession, including race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation. We strive to be an inclusive member group representing diversity of thought, geographic diversity, both traditional and non-traditional practice and as well as providing opportunities for seasoned professionals, associate members, and young architects.
The mission of the AIA Small Firm Exchange (SFx) is to advance the mutual interests of architects practicing in small firms. 1. Advocate the value of small firms, the national SFx, and local SFx groups, both within the AIA and to the public. 2. Curate and disseminate the most pertinent resources and information, from the AIA & elsewhere, that benefit small firms. 3. Inform the AIA of current issues facing small firms and areas in which current resources/information are lacking.
Requirements of an SFx Board Member
- Have served as an SFx State Rep previously (Not a requirement the first few years of the State Rep positions existence)
- Help cover any currently unrepresented states.
- Communicate & Collaborate with the AIA and other Knowledge Communities and Member Groups
- Curate, Facilitate, and Disseminate small firm content.
- Join a minimum of one internal workgroup (Outreach, Conference, or a Special Project)
- Passion to support our professional community, especially the needs of small firms
- 8 - 12 hours per month including conference calls and personal tasks
- Time off to travel to SFx Annual Meeting: 2-days, travel-funded
TERM: Three-year term with an optional one-year extension.
[Join the SFx mailing list to be alerted when the application opens in fall 2022 for the 2023 term.]