2021 SFx Board
= Chair / Bold
= Executive Committee
||Amanda Harpstead, AIA
||Greg Goss, AIA
||David Corban, AIA
||Michael Lejong, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
||Matthew Clapper, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP
||Lara Presber, AIA
||Kurt Neiswender, AIA
||Janet Bloomberg, FAIA
||Mike Lassel, AIA, LEED AP
||Elizabeth Pacheco-Fallon, AIA
||Venesa Alicea, AIA, NOMA, LEED AP BD+C, WELL AP
||Chris Schmitt, AIA
|Northwest & Pacific
||Jennifer Cosgrove AIA
||Bruce Sekanick, FAIA
||Chris Dawson, AIA
||Natalie J. Morgan, AIA, LEED AP
||Eva Read-Warden, AIA
||Colin M. Arnold, AIA
||Bruce T. Fallon, AIA
The American Institute of Architects actively promotes a diverse profession, including race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation. We strive to be an inclusive member group representing diversity of thought, geographic diversity, both traditional and non-traditional practice and as well as providing opportunities for seasoned professionals, associate members, and young architects.
The mission of the AIA Small Firm Exchange (SFx) is to advance the mutual interests of architects practicing in small firms. 1. Advocate the value of small firms, the national SFx, and local SFx groups, both within the AIA and to the public. 2. Curate and disseminate the most pertinent resources and information, from the AIA & elsewhere, that benefit small firms. 3. Inform the AIA of current issues facing small firms and areas in which current resources/information are lacking.
Requirements of an SFx Board Member
- Have served as an SFx State Rep previously (Not a requirement the first few years of the State Rep positions existence)
- Help cover any currently unrepresented states.
- Communicate & Collaborate with the AIA and other Knowledge Communities and Member Groups
- Curate, Facilitate, and Disseminate small firm content.
- Join a minimum of one internal workgroup (Outreach, Conference, or a Special Project)
- Passion to support our professional community, especially the needs of small firms
- 8 - 12 hours per month including conference calls and personal tasks
- Time off to travel to SFx Annual Meeting: 2-days, travel-funded
TERM: Three-year term with an optional one-year extension.
APPLY: Apply to become an SFx Board Member