The Practice Management Knowledge Community (PMKC) identifies and develops information on the business of architecture for use by the profession to maintain and improve the quality of the professional and business environment. The PMKC initiates programs, provides content and serves as a resource to other knowledge communities, and acts as experts on AIA Institute programs and policies that pertain to a wide variety of business practices and trends.
Join this community.
Yogi Berra’s wisdom that “It’s tough to make predictions, especially about the future,” points out the reality that nothing is more important to the leadership of architecture firms in these tumultuous times than stepping back from the day-to-day struggle, scanning the horizon, and taking the long view. This webinar will examine “megatrends” that are profoundly influencing what successful design firms will look like in the future, including:
* Demographics: the most powerful, pervasive—and maybe predictable—of all forces
* Projects: the beginning of a wave of sweeping changes in project delivery
* People: the impending labor shortage—in quantity and quality—as well as generational challenges and opportunities
* Transitions: both leadership and ownership that will challenge firms far into the future
After participating in this webinar attendees will:
1. Become more aware of major trends affecting the business and practice of architecture.
2. Learn how long-term trends will drive their own leadership and management of their firms.
3. Gain an appreciation of how essential their understanding of the future is to the ultimate success of their firms.
4. Learn about resources available to help them plan their firm’s futures.
Presenter: Ray Kogan, President, Kogan & Company
Moderators: Scott Kuehn, AIA, PMKC Advisory Group Member and David Barkin, AIA, PMKC Advisory Group Member
#PMKC #laborshortages #Firms #architecture #ownershiptransition #PracticeManagement #projectdelivery #demographics #Trends #PracticeManagementKnowledgeCommunity #firmownership