40+ years in the profession, 30+ internationally, 20+ as international project manager and owner‘s representative. 5 each in major offices in Chicago and Basel.
Mostly projects in Germany, Switzerland, Turkey for public and private sectors, individual buildings to complexes and urban development projects. Projects in Germany for US, in US for German owners.
• Assist owners in the formulation of design criteria and develop functional and space programs;
• prepare project data to facilitate informed decisions by owners;
• develop procurement strategies based upon the unique characteristics of each project with the aim of reducing risk and optimizing performance;
• recommend project organization and design team based on procurement strategy and capabilities of team members, coordinate with owner’s legal counsel to provide technical input to contracts and ensure compatibility with local laws;
• communicate project goals and procedures to participants;
• guide the preparation of budgets and schedules;
• recommend procurement of design and construction services to owners, participate in negotiations and provide oversight of these;
• promote a cooperative environment and a non-confrontational project delivery process to reduce risk and improve performance and quality.