The AIA Corporate Architects and Facility Management (CAFM) Knowledge Community consists of architects working within and for businesses and corporations. Our mission is to share expertise in the strategic, tactical, and operational activities of real property and facilities management in order to deliver value to the owners we represent.
T H E P R O G R A M
This scholarship is administered in conjunction with the staff of National Architectural Accrediting Board-approved programs of architecture in the United States and RAIC Canadian schools of architecture.
E L I G I B I L I T Y
Applicants must be enrolled and working toward their first professional degree in architecture and can be:
• In the third or fourth year of a five-year program that result in a BArch degree
• In the fourth or fifth year of a six-year program (4+2 or other combination) that results in a MArch degree
• In the second or third year of a three- to four-year program that results in a MArch degree and with an undergraduate degree in a discipline other than architecture
E N T R Y R E Q U I R E M E N T S
The following is required from each applicant:
• A completed scholarship application
• A transcript from each academic institution attended since high school
• One letter of recommendation
• Current résumé
• Portfolio of three student projects
• An essay on one of the three topics provided
A W A R D S
• The CAFM Knowledge Community will award (2) $5,000 scholarships.
• The scholarships will be awarded for a full academic year beginning fall 2015-2016. The award may not be used retroactively, deferred for use later, used for a partial year, or transferred to another individual.
• Awards will be announced in June 2015.
D E A D L I N E S
The application and all accompanying information, including transcripts, student portfolio and letter of recommendation must be in pdf format, by February 27, 2015 and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
S E L E C T I O N
AIA members serving on the Corporate Architects and Facility Management Scholarship Advisory Group will select the recipients on the basis of academic performance, the recommendation letter, portfolio work and the essay. All decisions are final. Applications and enclosures become the property of the American Institute of Architects.
C O N T A C T
For questions please contact: email@example.com
#CorporateArchitectsandFacilityManagement #emergingprofessionals #2015CAFMScholarship