Integrating Glass Technology into Residential Design (1 LU)
As a key element of design, glass is relied upon to deliver both beauty and functionality in commercial and residential architecture. Advancements in technology are allowing glass to play an even greater role in this space. Architectural glass products are now available that can help birds traveling through the area to do so more safely. This has the potential to drastically cut the tremendous negative impact buildings are having on bird populations.
Today’s architectural glass can also collect solar energy - with visual transparency. While operating as part of the connected smart home wireless Internet of Things (iOT) infrastructure. “Hey Google, if it starts to rain, close the windows”.
In this presentation, you will learn about the benefits of integrating some of these new glass technologies into your next project. Hosted by Custom Residential Architects Network (CRAN®).
- Gain a better understanding of how to recognize issues affecting the bird population while learning about best practices and design fundamentals for smarter, safer buildings.
- Learn the ways a wireless solar-powered solar window can integrate IoT components (security, comfort, mechanization, feedback, etc.) to make home windows part of a connected smart home infrastructure.
- Learn how new panelized materials like bird safety glass, solar glass and mesh panels can add both beauty, and functionality to custom railing systems.
- Tuan Tran, Guardian Industries
- David Maikowski, Ubiquitous Energy
- Kevin Harris, Assoc, AIA, AGS Stainless