Historic Resources Committee

View Only

Community HTML

Renaissance Schallaburg Figures in a facade

Quick Links

Who we are

The mission of the Historic Resources Committee (HRC) is to identify, understand, and preserve architectural heritage, both nationally and internationally. HRC is engaged in promoting the role of the historic architect within the profession through the development of information and knowledge among members, allied professional organizations, and the public.

• 1.  Greetings for 2023 from the HRC!

Posted 01-20-2023 02:01 PM

Happy New Year from the HRC!

I am pleased to be serving as the Chair of HRC for 2023. On behalf of the AIA Historic Resources Committee, we wish you a happy new year. As with all new beginnings, there is much hope and optimism for the year ahead.

First of all, the HRC is pleased to be hosting our annual Taliesin Colloquium in early February. After a two year hiatus, we look forward to getting together to in such an inspiring and intimate venue of Taliesin West! Early bird pricing was extended through the weekend – and registration closes on 1/27.  Details can be found here:  https://www.aia.org/events/6576328-taliesin-colloquium-2023-the-evolution-of-  We hope to see you there!

Secondly, we are anticipating an interesting and topical HRC luncheon at AIA23 in San Francisco this coming June. Stay tuned for more details on that in the coming months.

Lastly, there are fascinating conversations and work being done in our field related to sustainability, resiliency and equity related to our historic resources. One of the themes I have gleaned is the importance of collaborating across disciplines and beyond the "preaching to the choir" that we as preservationists have often done. I invite each of you to broaden your network and impact and get involved. Together we are stronger!

Best wishes for a strong start to 2023!

Liz Hallas, AIA

HRC Chair 2023

------------------------------
    Elizabeth Hallas AIA
    Anderson Hallas Architects, P.C.
    Golden CO
    AIA24 HRC luncheon Thursday 6 / 12:00 -2 pm

• 2.  RE: Greetings for 2023 from the HRC!

Posted 01-24-2023 04:49 PM

I just signed up for this event and for some reason had to pay the late fee of an additional $100 to the $300 that was listed yesterday for a total of $400.  Is there any chance this $100 can be refunded to me?  The reason I'm asking is that I'm the Vice President/Treasurer of the Alaska Association for Historic Preservation and requested the $300 fee be paid by our organization and am waiting approval of that.  I thought from the email that the Early Bird Registration had been extended through the 27th and the $300 rate was available yesterday.

Thanks!

Sam, AIA

-- 

Sam Combs, AIA, NCARB, Architect          

Combs & Combs, AIA, Architecture, Interiors & Art

7480 Upper O'Malley Road

Anchorage, Alaska 99507

Office Phone:  907-346-3990

Cell Phone:  907-250-4207

Web Site:  www.combsandcombsaia.com

signature_1360574286      

• 3.  RE: Greetings for 2023 from the HRC!

Posted 01-24-2023 07:02 PM
    Hi Sam, 
    Please contact meetings@aia.org who will able to resolve this question for you. 

Best,
    Melissa Morancy
    melissamorancy@aia.org

Melissa Morancy Assoc. AIA
    The American Institute of Architects
    Washington DC