Component accreditation is the process that measures the component delivery of Core Member Services. These core services are not minimum standards; rather, these services are central to delivering member value and ensuring the long-term viability of the component. When every component delivers Core Member Services, AIA members everywhere have a consistent member experience, and the three tiers of AIA align to achieve our common goals.
2022 Component Accreditation – How to Apply
Portal opens: September 15, 2022
Deadline to submit: January 15, 2023
Download the updated Core Member Services requirements.
Listen to this webinar recording for a walkthrough of accreditation requirements and ways to make it easier:
Recording: Accreditation: How to Get it Done
NOTE: You will be asked to enter this passcode to view it: 091KX8C!
To skip to selected topics:
- Background (00:25)
- Advocacy (11:16)
- Communications & outreach (14:18)
- Education (21:26)
- Finance & operations (28:00) (Recommended: This section has evolved the most.)
- Governance (43:25)
- Membership (48:07)
- Tools & strategies (51:44)
The accreditation process asks you to demonstrate how you are delivering AIA Core Member Services. Some pointers to get you started:
- All AIA components and mandatory sections are required to file. Voluntary Sections do not file, as their sponsoring component is responsible.
- Choose one staff or volunteer lead, plus a collaborator. Both can work on the application. Only the lead may submit it.
- The OpenWater portal will be familiar to those who have applied for accreditation or AIA Honors and Awards in the past.
- To start your component’s application, use this link: https://aia.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/296/home (bookmarking is recommended).
- Usually, you will provide information about component activities occurring during the calendar year 2022. In the case of tax filings, provide the tax year 2021 return.
- If a question asks for documentation, please provide it in PDF form. Other questions will request a yes/no answer, text response, or URL.
- As was done last year, use the accreditation questionnaire to share your 2023 officer roster (under the Governance section). Do not upload your 2023 officer roster to the database.
- You may work on the questions in any order, save them, and return to finish at any time up to the deadline.
- When you hit the submit button at the end, you'll be flagged on any required fields left undone.
- Applications are due Saturday, January 15, 2023, at 11:59pm.
We have provided plenty of resources to assist your component in meeting the Core Member Services:
- Go to Component Connect [ https://network.aia.org/components/home ] and log in.
- Click the "Core Services" tab for the Core Member Services 3.0 booklet. Use that as your checklist for gathering your documentation.
- Explore the core services topical pages for templates, samples, tools, guidance, and shortcuts that can help your component leadership team meet each of the standards. Many resources-particularly in the Finance & operations section--is brand new this year.
Have questions? Please contact Ann Dorough (AnnDorough@aia.org) or (202) 626 7412. And good luck!