Custom Residential Architects Network

WSJ article featuring project found through Knowledge Net

• 1.  WSJ article featuring project found through Knowledge Net

Posted 07-18-2014 12:22 PM

Hi all -

Here is another article that we were contacted by a Wall St. Journal reporter looking for architects w/ luxury homes designed specifically for accessability.  In addition to connecting w/ sources via this communications channel - the reporter also cites AIA Home Design Trends Survey data that, in her words, "added nice context to a story we have been working on for a while. "

The artcile contains video and a slide show of different works by residential architects, and also does a good job positioning architects as problem solvers.  As a nice bonus, here is a quote from a client / homeowner:

"I can fully enjoy the home. There's no part of the home that I can say, 'Wow, that room is hard for me' or 'That appliance is hard for me,'" he said. "So it meets my needs and that's the combination of a good architect and a homeowner who is knowledgeable about their needs and is able to articulate it," said Mr. Shiffrin.

Thanks, as always, for those who submitted projects for considerations (we are always at the mercy of what projects the reporter wants to spotlight).  Full artcile is available here: http://online.wsj.com/articles/luxury-homes-accessible-to-all-1405624262?KEYWORDS=%22The+American+Institute+of+Architects%22

Please feel free to share this w/ clients or colleagues as you see fit.

thanks,
    -------------------------------------------
    Scott Frank
    Director, Media Relations
    The American Institute of Architects
    Washington DC
    -------------------------------------------

Jain us at AIA24 for practice-related sessions! June 5 to 8, Washington, DC, click here to learn more.