Construction Contract Administration

View Only

Community HTML

A crane

Quick Links

Who we are

The Construction Contract Administration Knowledge Community (CCA) has been established to help our members better understand the issues, actions and resultant impact of the decisions required in this often neglected part of Project Delivery. It is our goal to provide clear answers to issues of concern to the Institute’s membership and share case studies and best practices. We further hope to provide guidance and direction in developing guidelines for new and evolving approaches to Project Delivery as well as guidance in the continuing education of our emerging young professionals.

How to connect

- Join to get occasional emails with new content and resources.
- Post on the discussion board to ask questions and share ideas.
- Read a CCA white paper - or contribute your own!
- Attend an upcoming event such as webinars and conferences.
- Provide feedback on what you'd like to see from your CCA community at cca@aia.org.

• 1.  Local Chapter CCA Initiatives

Posted 06-29-2022 03:14 PM
    The CCA Leadership Group recently instituted a survey to gauge local and regional chapter interest in, (or existing local sub-committees committed to,) Project Delivery and/ or Construction Contract Administration. 

While we obtained good feedback from the initial outreach, we are also opening up the survey to our broader Knowledge Community members.

If you are aware of have interest in local chapters creating a Project Deliver/ CCA sub-committee, please feel free to complete the below survey regarding your current CCA activities, and how we might engage at a National Level on your local initiatives.

Chapter Survey

All results will remain confidential to the CCA Leadership group, and no one will be contacted unless a specific request or interest is noted in the survey.

Thank you all!

------------------------------
    Jeffery Reynolds AIA
    HOK
    Washington DC

• 2.  RE: Local Chapter CCA Initiatives

Posted 06-30-2022 09:25 PM
    Please keep in mind that AIA also has a Project Delivery Knowledge Community and we'd be excited to cross pollinate with other KC's.

Arlen Solochek, FAIA
    Owner/Principal/Founder
    Arlen Solochek FAIA, Consulting Architect
    Phoenix, AZ
    ArlenSolochek@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Local Chapter CCA Initiatives

Posted 07-12-2022 03:45 PM

Jeff,

Thanks for sharing the link to the survey. I love the idea of having smaller knit CCA communities and support groups. I could see a symbiotic relationship develop between the local and national committees.  

Within our office, we have held "submittal parties" to help educate how to quickly cull through submittals and return those that are inappropriate or incomplete. We never want someone to be buried in submittals and RFI's, resisting the urge to raise their hand for help thinking this is just how CA goes. Submittal and RFI triage parties are one method of assisting a team when they are underwater. It's tips and tricks like this that I feel we would all benefit from sharing.

Count me in for supporting a local CCA group. I'm near Charlottesville, VA if anyone else is interested in starting one.

Jim

James Woody AIA
    Perkins + Will
    Palmyra VA