SPP Journal Editor
The Small Projects Practitioners (SPP) Advisory Group seeks a volunteer to edit the SPP Journal. The SPP Journal is a quarterly online publication that collects and disseminates knowledge on how to profitably run a small firm and carry out small projects. It is distributed over 9000 AIA SPP Knowledge Community members and is also posted to the AIA's website.
- Propose journal themes to Advisory Group members by conference call once per quarter
- Create a Call for Submissions soliciting articles on the Journal theme, and disseminate the call through Knowledge Community blogs, by coordinating e-blasts with AIA staff, in the SPP Journal, and through your network
- Select and edit submissions and pass them on to the Chair of the SPP Advisory Group; obtain copyright notices, format articles, upload content to the AIA's Architect's Knowledge Resource, and solicit a Letter from the Chair
- Create a Journal summary page with links to Journal content, including the Call for Submissions for the next Journal issue
- Coordinate final formatting and distribution with AIA staff
The time commitment is two years, with approximately 20 hours per issue (quarter) required. Three issues per year are on original topics. The fourth issue is the AIA Small Projects Awards issue where the content is provided but other responsibilities remain.
To see recent issues of the SPP Journal, click here.
To Apply: Please email a letter of interest summarizing your qualifications SPP@AIA.org, with "SPP Journal" in the subject line. Position is open until filled, but preference will be given to responses received by August 19.
SPP Tips Editor
The Small Projects Practitioners (SPP) Advisory Group seeks a volunteer to edit the SPP Tips. The SPP Tips are typically 100-400 words, videos, or podcasts that share an experience, anecdote, failure, lessons learned, proven best practice or good advice. TIPS are distributed to the 9,000+ SPP members biweekly.
- Soliciting, selecting, and editing Tips from members and colleagues for distribution to the SPP community via biweekly email, the SPP Journal, SPP Twitter feed and SPP webpage.
- Acquiring permission to use the Tips provided
- Coordinating biweekly distribution with AIA staff
- Reporting to the SPP Advisory Group monthly via conference call or email
The time commitment is one year and requires approximately 2-4 hours per month.
To read past Tips, click here. Current Tips editor Jean Dufresne can answer any questions: 312.829.6666 x101, email@example.com
To Apply: Please email a letter of interest summarizing your qualifications SPP@AIA.org, with "SPP Tips" in the subject line. Position is open until filled.