CAE’s Spring conference in Los Angeles explores a variety of learning environments for students from Pre-K to Higher Education, ranging from the privileged to the underserved and disadvantaged, under the theme of: Community, Pedagogy and Design: Intersecting Ideas in the Service of Learners.
Los Angeles, as a world center for design and experimentation, has a long history of creating ground-breaking
, innovative learning environments. It is the home of numerous educational institutions that are constantly being redeveloped and are reinventing themselves to meet the challenges of the 21st
Century. Our tours will include the work of well-known architects working with cutting edge educators in early childhood learning centers, charter and public schools, colleges and
universities. We will be focused, in particular, on the exploration of institutions that are dedicated to the transformation of the communities surrounding them.
The following are some of the key ideas being explored at the conference.
- Students across a wide range of contexts are hurting and need our collective support
- Establishing a strong sense of community and a culture of care in learning environments is key to helping students feel heard, seen, known and cared for.
- Creating communities of curious learners in and around our schools and colleges is critical to the success of students and the future of our nation
- The design process can and should serve as a catalyst for building relationships and establishing that culture of care
- Design of physical environments is a valuable partner to forward leaning pedagogical approaches
Come join us as we explore the challenges and achievements of education in the rich and diverse urban landscape of LA.
Member – LATE (starts April 1): $725
Non-member – LATE (starts April 1): $825
The housing deadline has now passed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about current availability at the Hotel Indigo or make alternative arrangements. Changes and cancellations must be made by 12 pm (noon) (PST) day prior of arrival of arrival to avoid one night’s room and tax charge towards the method of guarantee. The host hotel for Wednesday of the conference is the Hotel Indigo Los Angeles Downtown (899 Francisco St, Los Angeles, CA 90017).