Call for AAH Board Nominations
The AIA Academy of Architecture for Health (AAH) is now accepting confidential nominations for the 2022–2025 Board term.
Candidates for Board membership are asked to demonstrate their past volunteer commitment to the AAH through committee membership, leadership of a committee, task force, or other position. In addition to AAH member healthcare architects, AAH members who have "non-traditional" roles in the industry or with provider organizations are also asked to submit qualifications.
Board members are typically appointed to a 3-year term, with a maximum of two (2) three (3) year terms. Candidates who are subsequently invited to the Executive Committee path to serve as president of the Academy may serve a longer term. New board terms will commence on January 1, 2022.
If you are interested in nominating a candidate or yourself (self-nomination), please, via confidential submission, provide the following information:
- Candidate's name, email, phone number and mailing address
- Confirmation by the nominee that the candidate is able and willing to serve on the AAH Board
- Name of firm or institution that the candidate is associated with, as applicable
- A written statement from the candidate outlining the following:
- Years of experience in healthcare design
- Candidate's involvement (past and/or current) with AIA and AAH (local or national)
- Expression of candidate's interest in serving on the board and their area of interest
- Statement of candidate's knowledge of the AAH (mission, values, strategic plan, committee activities)
- (3) letters of reference relating the candidate's suitability for AAH Board participation. Current AAH board members are not eligible to offer a letter of reference.
Confidential nominations must be received no later than June 30, 2021 to be considered. Please submit the required nomination materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are requested to keep their nomination confidential throughout this process and to not initiate any communication with the members of the Nomination Committee below:
- Kirsten Waltz AIA, ACHA, EDAC, LEED AP
- Ellen Taylor, PhD, AIA, MBA, EDAC
- Michelle Trott, AIA, NCARB, ACHA
- Holly Harris, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD-C
- Tracy Stocking, AIA
For more information about the AAH, please visit our website.