2022 Call for Applications to join the Retail and Entertainment Leadership Group
The application process closes at 5pm ET on Monday, January 11, 2022.
Information and Expectations
The AIA Knowledge Communities are volunteer member-led special interest groups of the AIA national organization. They help members to connect with others who share the same passions and commitment—and develop projects that advance the profession and the collective work of the AIA.
The Retail and Entertainment Knowledge Committee (REKC) fosters the creation, discussion, and dissemination of knowledge about the retail and entertainment environments among practitioners, clients, retailers, and the general public to advance the practice and improve the quality of retail and entertainment environments. We encourage all members to participate by serving on a project subcommittee or by applying to serve on the national Leadership Group (LG).
The REKC Leadership is typically comprised of five to eight members who serve for five years, after which leaders move into an advisory capacity. We are currently seeking statements of qualifications from individuals who are interested in serving on the LG. We have at least one open position that would begin in January 2022 and end December 2026.
Characteristics of successful candidates:
The composition in any given time frame should represent --- or more desirably, enhance --- the diversity of the overall KC membership.
All candidates should be able to serve the KC as Chair, demonstrating the experience and leadership skills to establish and execute strategic initiatives on behalf of the KC and its membership.
- Participate in monthly one-hour phone calls.
- Serve as chair to one subcommittee each year. This includes monthly calls and time spent working on programs.
- Optional: Attend, if possible, AIA Conference on Architecture each spring.
- Retail and Entertainment usually hosts an open forum at this event. Travel not reimbursed.
- Attend annual three-day AIA Knowledge Leadership Assembly, usually in August. Partially reimbursed. May be virtual in 2022.
- What is this? KLA provides an opportunity for knowledge community leaders, the Board Knowledge Committee, and AIA staff to network, share knowledge and best practices, and build coalitions. This is the most critical meeting to attend.
- Letter of Interest including a vision of what would you like to accomplish during your appointment
- Resume with:
- Professional accomplishments including contribution to, and attendance at KC events, subcommittee work, etc.
- Skills include curriculum vitae outlining design experience, awards, publications, speaking events, knowledge sharing; what are the particular skills that you would bring to the committee that complement the existing leadership.
- Letter of Commitment (optional) from a leader in your firm that demonstrates your firm’s commitment to supporting your involvement.
The American Institute of Architects actively promotes a diverse profession, including race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation. REKC strives to be an inclusive Knowledge Community representing diversity of thought, geographic diversity, both traditional and non-traditional practice and as well as providing opportunities for seasoned professionals, associate members and young architects.
Please submit the above information via the online form by 5pm ET on January 11, 2022.
Questions? Contact Isabella Rosse at email@example.com.