Bridging the Spectrum of Design Experiences
The AIA Committee on Design, in collaboration with the Young Architects Forum is proud to present an inspirational discussion with design leaders from across the country. Our panel bridges the worlds of emerging professionals to the most accomplished and renowned architects, highlighting the prism of design experience, education, and innovation. We explore journeys, philosophies, career-defining achievements, and collaborative approaches that continue to influence, nurture and shape future leaders in architecture. Hosted by Committee on Design (COD).
After attending this program, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate effective strategies that foster collaboration, innovation, and interchange of diverse perspectives between emerging professionals and seasoned practitioners in architecture.
- Analyze and discuss creative philosophies that lead to an elevated design that is functional, safe, and aesthetic.
- Explore professional practice and educational methodologies that are conducive to the career development and mentoring of emerging professionals in architecture and design.
- Through lessons learned, examine ways emerging professionals in architecture can strengthen practice, presence, leadership, and authority in the profession and society.
- Craig Brandt, FAIA, AFAAR, LEED BD+C, Chicago, IL
- Susan Chin, FAIA, Principal, DesignConnects / New York, NY
Sarah Killingsworth, AIA NCARB, Project Manager, Goree / Houston, TX
- Oscar Lopez, Assoc. AIA, Principal, s p a c e BUREAU & Senior Lecturer, University of Arizona, College of Architecture, Planning and Landscape Architecture / Tucson, AZ
- Jonathan Moody, AIA, CEO, Moody Nolan / Columbus, OH
- Eric Höweler, FAIA, Co-founder and Partner, Höweler+Yoon Architecture LLP & Assoc. Professor, Harvard GSD / Boston, MA
- Ronnette Riley, FAIA LEED AP NCIDQ, Principal | Owner, Ronnette Riley Architect / New York, NY