Healthcare Parking: The First and Last Impression
This webinar is sponsored by the Academy of Architecture for Health (AAH) and provides 1 HSW|LU credit.
The interaction a patient or visitor has when parking at a healthcare facility can greatly impact their overall experience. Parking experts Stephanie Barnes, vice president at LAZ Healthcare Services, Jeffrey Elsey, PE, CAPP, LEED AP, vice president at Kimley-Horn and Dave Ryan, PE, president/CEO of Walker Consultants join together to share their insights on the healthcare parking experience. They will discuss the questions and metrics to consider when designing parking on a medical campus as well as how to approach programming to enhance the patient, visitor and staff experience. Panelists will also share thoughts on potential future impacts on parking operations and the changing role of parking post-COVID. Attendees will be able to ask questions during and after the presentation.
After participating in this webinar attendees will:
- Have an understanding of the importance of evaluating parking needs early in the planning process and its impact on creating a safe environment.
- Have insight into the complexities of designing parking in a medical environment and the ways it impacts the users experience and safety.
- Appreciate how operational considerations influence parking design including the needs of patient and emergency vehicles and potential need to use parking zones for temporary triage and treatment.
- Have an understanding of various parking-related performance metrics and their impacts to various user groups.
- Appreciate the importance of a positive user experience and its contribution to the overall mission of a healthcare organization.
This session is part of the Healthcare Essentials series. As part of the Academy’s multi-channel, on-line approach, these sessions provide millennial members starting out in healthcare-centric practices exposure to healthcare design fundamentals and a refresher course for experienced healthcare architects and planners.
Vice President, LAZ Healthcare Services (Division of LAZ Parking)
Stephanie Barnes is vice president of LAZ Healthcare Services. She has 16 years of healthcare experience and her experience in healthcare operations includes support service operations and contract management for patient transportation, valet service, parking management, food service (retail and in-patient), security services, shuttle transportation, master planning, wayfinding, concierge, strategic innovations and technology programs. In her current role, Stephanie supports over 160 healthcare support operations across 18 LAZ regions across the US. With over 1,200 LAZ Healthcare employees in the field, Stephanie is passionate about training, development, employee engagement and client relationships. Stephanie is a member of the International Association of Healthcare Safety and Security, National Diversity Council, National Association of Professional Women, National Parking Association Diverse Leaders Network, and International Parking Institute.