Get involved with REKC
General information and expectations
As an AIA Knowledge Community, REKC fosters the creation, discussion, and dissemination of knowledge about the retail and entertainment environments among practitioners, clients, retailers, and the general public to advance the practice and improve the quality of retail and entertainment environments. Traditionally the group is led by five leaders and supported by project-based committees along with partial AIA staff support. We encourage all to participate in our international discourse by applying to serve on the national Advisory Group (AG).
Duties and expectations
- Assist in increasing engagement with REKC by helping plan web content and education.
- Present knowledge at associated organizational events, typically one to two times a year. Travel for these events may or may not be reimbursed.
- Participate in monthly coordination conference calls and general administrative functions of REKC.
- Letter of interest including a vision of what would you like to accomplish during your appointment as an AG member.
- Resume including professional accomplishments, skills. Include curriculum vitae outlining learning environment design, awards, publications, speaking events, knowledge sharing. What are the particular skills that you would bring to the committee that complement the existing AG?
- Letter of commitment including a statement of commitment from a leader in your firm that demonstrates your firm’s commitment to supporting your involvement as an AG member.
The American Institute of Architects actively promotes a diverse profession, including race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation. REKC strives to be an inclusive Knowledge Community representing diversity of thought, geographic diversity, both traditional and non-traditional practice and as well as providing opportunities for seasoned professionals, associate members and young architects.
Submit your application >
Submissions due October 4
Questions? Contact Doug Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org