2021-2024 AAH Board Nominations
Candidates for Board membership are asked to demonstrate their past volunteer commitment to the AAH through committee membership, leadership of a committee, task force, or other position. In addition to AAH member healthcare architects, AAH members who have "non-traditional" roles in the industry or with provider organizations are also asked to submit qualifications.
Board members are typically appointed to a 3-year term, with a maximum of two (2) three (3) year terms. Candidates who are subsequently invited to the Executive Committee path to serve as president of the Academy may serve a longer term.
New board terms will commence on January 1, 2021. Learn more about the AAH Board and committees.
If you are interested in nominating a candidate or yourself (self-nomination), please provide the following information:
- Candidate's name, email, phone number and mailing address
- Confirmation by the nominee that the candidate is able and willing to serve on the AAH Board
- Name of firm or institution that the candidate is associated with, as applicable
- A written statement from the candidate outlining the following:
- Years of experience in healthcare design
- Candidate's involvement (past and/or current) with AIA and AAH (local or national)
- Expression of candidate's interest in serving on the board and their area of interest
- Statement of candidate's knowledge of the AAH (mission, values, strategic plan, committee activities)
- Three (3) letters of reference relating the candidate's suitability for AAH Board participation. (Current AAH board members and AAH Nomination Committee Members are not eligible to offer a letter of reference.)
Nomination packets should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm ET on July 10, 2020.
Tushar Gupta, FAIA, Chair
Kirsten Waltz, AIA,ACHA, EDAC, LEED AP, Vice Chair
Kenneth Webb IV, AIA, ACHA, LEED AP BD+C
Francis Murdock Pitts FAIA, FACHA, OAA
Jhiah Chang, AIA, ACHA, LEED AP, EDAC