❱ Important Considerations
❱ Registration Confirmation
❱ Cancellation Policy
❱ Travel Insurance
❱ Force Majeure
- Please make sure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months after the Cuba Conference, i.e. your passport expiration date should be no sooner than 6 months after the end of conference.
- Round-trip airfare is provided from Miami to Cuba only. Therefore you must make your own preparations to arrive and depart from Miami.
- Each participant will be required to pay $20 USD for each checked bag round-trip from Miami to Havana. For checked bags exceeding 44lbs, the traveler will be charged $20 USD per additional pound.
- Cuban Born Attendees: Anyone who was born in Cuba and emigrated to the US before 1970 must apply for a special visa.
- To apply, please provide a copy of your American passport, and documentation proving your presence in the United States before 1970 (e.g. a college diploma, high school transcript, etc.).
- Please email copies of these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to completing the online registration form.
- Cost for application for the special visa is $250. If you have any questions about this process, please email email@example.com.
- Your credit card will be processed between December 16-18, 2015.
- The online registration form is encrypted to protect sensitive information.
- It is recommended that you purchase travel insurance through your travel agent or online for nominal fee.
After you register you will receive a registration confirmation via email immediately. If you do not receive a registration confirmation please contact AIA Meetings or call (800) 242-3837 x7598. To ensure you receive the necessary conference materials (registration confirmations, conference updates, advance and final attendee rosters, etc.) please WHITELIST aia.org in your email program.
Because of the custom nature of this trip, as well as the documentation and other special services needed to accommodate COD in Cuba, there are no refunds for cancellations initiated by the registrant after December 15, regardless of the reason. If you register and find that you cannot attend, send an email as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org and if received before 12:00 midnight EST on December 15, a full refund will be processed. If you need to cancel after December 15, a refund MAY be available if there is a waiting list and we can fill your space, but it is not guaranteed.
Should the conference be cancelled because of a force majeure event, such as inclement weather or if the United States ceases to allow travel to Cuba entirely, a full refund minus $100 per registrant will be processed once AIA receives the funds in return from Cuba. Because of this, AIA and the Copperbridge Foundation highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance. This can be done through your travel agent or online for a nominal fee.
AIA and the Copperbridge Foundation highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance that includes full cancelation insurance that covers all cancelation scenarios. This can be done through your travel agent or online.
The performance of this agreement by either party may be affected by force majeure (including, but not limited to, acts of God, acts of war or other acts of enemies, government regulation, disaster, strikes, floods, civil disorder, curtailment of transportation facilities, or other emergency or event beyond the control of the parties), thus making it inadvisable, unsafe, illegal, or impossible to provide required accommodations and/or meeting facilities, hold the meeting, or travel to the meeting. In event of force majeure, either party to this agreement may terminate the agreement upon providing written notice to the other party without penalty or obligation. Such right of termination shall not be unreasonably exercised.
In addition, the AIA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel this meeting. In that event, the AIA shall refund to you all registration fees that it has received from you for this meeting, but shall have no further obligation to you of any type, whether monetary or otherwise. Accordingly, the AIA shall in no event have any liability to you based on claims for indirect, special or consequential damages of any type whatsoever, and shall have no other obligation to you of any type except as expressly stated in the preceding sentence.