The AIA Corporate Architects and Facility Management (CAFM)
Knowledge Community consists of architects working within and for businesses
Our mission is to share expertise in the strategic, tactical,
and operational activities of real property and facilities management in order
to deliver value to the owners we represent.
I have been an Architect and a member of AIA for I don't know how many years. I was one of the original members of the "Architects In Industry" prior to the name change to "Corporate Architect Committee". ...
Great topic. The CAFM industry as you call it is alive and well, thriving with young college graduates with varying degrees, becoming very successful working with clients in retail, corporate, industrial, ...
Life on the Outside: Architects outside of Traditional Practice
EPISODE 3: Interview with AIA CAFM Advisory Group (AG) Past Chair, Casey Martin (Chevron) and Theodore (Ted) J. Weidner, Associate Professor of Engineering Practice of Construction Engineering and Management (Purdue University)
Episode 3 features an in-depth interview with Ted Weidner, Associate Professor of Engineering Practice of Construction Engineering and Management of Purdue University. Ted shares his experience in alternative career paths following his degree in architecture and his insights on the value the owner’s architect brings to the table.
1. Login using your email address and password.
2. Customize your profile and preferences.
3. Adjust your notification settings - go to Discussions, select on My Subscriptions.
4. Start a conversation - post a message in one of the community discussion forums.
5. Start networking - go to the Directory and Find a Contact to connect with.
6. Join the AIA or renew your membership - go to Join | Renew | Learn About More Benefits.