Wednesday, October 10 - Thursday, October 11, 2012
According to IFMA, 25% of a building’s lifecycle budget is dedicated to the design and construction of the building. The remaining 75% is spent on operations and maintenance. Building owners have heard many promises regarding the use of BIM in the management of this 75%: Information will flow freely between facility managers and staff, work orders will be linked to the BIM, and virtual walkthroughs will allow designers and contractors to easily coordinate with the facility staff. O&M manuals will be available through the BIM, the BIM will be automatically updated when work orders are processed, and all of this data will be interchangeable between BIM platforms, GIS, and maintenance software.
Is any of it reality? Today, in 2012? 2013? Find out what is the state of the industry and what the future holds for BIM and FM at the Fall BIMForum.
Registration Fee: $425 before 9/3/2012; $550 after 9/3/2012
1320 Broadway Plaza
Tacoma, WA 98402