Small Project Design

WSJ media opportunity: luxury accessible home design

• 1.  WSJ media opportunity: luxury accessible home design

Posted 06-12-2014 10:53 AM
    This message has been cross posted to the following Discussion Forums: Small Project Practitioners and Custom Residential Architects Network .
    -------------------------------------------

hello all -

We have had tremendous response from members w/ project examples for various media inquiries - so thanks to all for that.

If you have project examples for consideration, please contact the reporter directly and copy me for tracking puposes (sfrank@aia.org). Also - PLEASE be mindful on file sizes and include LO-RES images or an online gallery and BRIEF project descriptions. 

Tight dealine - she's looking to speak w/ someone today (6/12), tomorrow or Monday afternoon at the latest for this:

I am working on a story for the Mansion section about trends in luxury homes that are outfitted to accommodate persons with disabilities. Does AIA have any member architects who  might specialize in this type of design? If so, I'd appreciate any leads.

Thanks,

Rhonda Colvin

The Wall Street Journal

rhonda.colvin@dowjones.com  

On a related note, we had a residential architect and our chief economist discussing Aging in Place on CNBC recently:

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000279631

Scott Frank
    Director, Media Relations
    The American Institute of Architects
    Washington DC