Small Project Design

• 1.  Autodesk subscription service

Posted 02-20-2015 06:02 PM
    I've decided to use the Autodesk month-to-month subscription service. 

I had downloaded a one month trial service, and when it was about to run out, I paid for the monthly service.  I got an email from Autodesk saying they'd fulfilled my order, but no serial number was included to activate my license.  My credit card has been charged.  I've sent an email to the Autodesk help desk - no response.  Their website has no phone number.  I suppose I should just be patient, but I have steam coming out of my ears.  I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

-------------------------------------------
    Laura Campbell AIA
    Laura Campbell Architecture
    Alexandria VA

• 2.  RE: Autodesk subscription service

Posted 02-25-2015 05:40 PM
    Laura,
    Here are some instructions. Please contact me directly at angi.izzi@autodesk.com if you still are having issues with your product:

How do I install and activate my product?

To successfully install your software, you must be connected to the Internet. If you purchased a download, locate the installation file (by default, it is located in your Downloads folder).

1. Double click on it to start the installation. The installer will now initialize.
    2. The installer will automatically download and install Akamai NetSession Interface, a secure external application that allows you to install Autodesk products faster. The NetSession Interface can be removed at any time, either by running Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel on a PC, or by accessing /Applications/Akamai/, then double-clicking the uninstaller app. Please note that by uninstalling Akamai, any other software you use that also uses Akamai may no longer function properly.
    3. If you are on a PC, you may be prompted by Windows Firewall to allow the program permission to communicate with private or public networks. Simply follow the instructions on your screen.
    4. To activate your software, choose "I have my product information" and enter the serial number and/or product key. The serial number is located in:
      • The order fulfillment email you received after placing your order. You should receive this email within 48 hours. If you cannot locate your confirmation email, see the help instructionshere.
      • YourOrder Historypage.
      • The label on the DVD case (if you ordered a physical shipment).
    5. The installation has now begun. The installation time depends on the size of the software. The time and steps remaining will be shown in the installer. You may pause the installation if necessary.
    6. Once the installer is complete, click Finish

Contact Technical Support if you still require assistance with the installation.

We value your business and hope to get this resolved quickly!

Angi Izzi
    Global Industry Manager - Architecture
    Autodesk, Inc.
    Orlando FL