Small Project Design

• 1.  Quickbooks Timesheet Plugin

Posted 11-13-2014 05:33 PM
    I am wondering if anyone has experience or success with any third-party timesheet plug-ins for Quickbooks?  When I google it, there are hundreds out that claim to be the best.  Hoping to stand on someone's shoulders.

-------------------------------------------
    James Garland AIA
    Bo Garland Architect, LLC
    Simpsonville SC

• 2.  RE: Quickbooks Timesheet Plugin

Posted 11-14-2014 05:52 PM
    We are a 7 person firm using Quickbooks and a web-based service called mc2anywhere.com. Works very smoothly. Allows for off site time entry 24/7 but needs Quckbooks to be connected via a desktop client on the host machine to finalize timesheets or update job info - this can be a little frustrating if the Quickbooks machine is shut down or offline routinely. Requires refreshing if changes to Quickbooks are made during time entry. Setup can be a little complicated as it relies on determining which users have access to which services and rate lists. Can be configured to require approval from a super user for individual's time sheets. Also handles expenses which is pretty slick. I think it costs us $25/month for the 1-16 user package. Would pay anything to avoid the old Quickbooks Timer app.

I'd look at alternatives if someone is happy with a cheaper service/app.

Michael Byrd AIA
    Core10 Architecture, Inc.
    Saint Louis MO

• 3.  RE: Quickbooks Timesheet Plugin

Posted 11-14-2014 06:29 PM
    I use the "My Time" by Intuit the developer of Quickbooks. Its free, easy to learn,and works fairly seamlessly with Quickbooks.

Robert Moore AIA
    Robert E. Moore Architect
    Monroe NC

• 4.  RE: Quickbooks Timesheet Plugin

Posted 11-16-2014 04:33 PM
    This is not a complete answer to the question, as I do not export to Quickbooks, but I feel that ManicTime is the best time tracker out there, and it does export to Quickbooks.  

ManicTime keeps track of what programs and documents are active on your computer at any moment by tracking which open file had mouse activity.  It also integrates with Google calendars, which integrate with lots of other things.  For example, I have an app that puts any phone activity onto a Google calendar.  So I can look at ManicTime, and know when I was on the telephone, what number or contact I was speaking to, and what documents, if any, were active during that call.

I will say that this is great for me, as a sole practitioner, but it could be a little big brotherish for a larger firm.  On the other hand, I've never met any architect who was good at keeping up with their timesheets and this program makes it possible to reconstruct very accurately.  I love it.

Becky

Rebecca Schenker AIA
    Principal
    Weave Architecture LLC
    San Antonio TX