Housing and Community Development

• 1.  Message about Jared E. Banks

Posted 06-19-2015 07:52 PM
    I found an interesting message about AIA/CRAN, of publishing architectural work.  I try to answer, but my computer no communicate.
    I have something to publish, but the topics covered by doesn't say any thing about building in hazard areas, as the tornado alley and areas where wild fires are frequent.   My project uses sustainable materials, is highly insulated, and can be designed to resist natural disasters.   No mold, no termites, and cost affordable.
    My question, its is not named in the listing, maybe can I can use the "Artic cold climates",to submit?.  Considering than walls and roof have a minimum R value of 56, which can be as big as required with some adjustments in density or size of the insulation material, but I don't think is fear ignoring all the other advantages giving for my project.

Please give me some advice.    Thanks,
    -------------------------------------------
    Eugenio Aburto AIA
    architect
    Eugenio Aburto, AIA
    Palm Desert CA

• 2.  RE: Message about Jared E. Banks

Posted 06-23-2015 04:52 PM
    We had to temporarily take down the link to the book submission process as we work out some remaining details. Once it's back up, I suggest selecting whatever climate you feel is most appropriate for your project. Or whatever the climate of its physical location is.

Jared Banks AIA
    Owner
    Shoegnome, LLC
    Seattle WA