Committee on the Environment

I-Park 2015 Architects Program

• 1.  I-Park 2015 Architects Program

Posted 01-07-2015 02:44 PM

Application Deadline: January 19, 2015

I-Park, located in rural East Haddam, CT (U.S.), announces its 2015 multi-disciplinary artists-in-residence program. The program is open to architects looking to expand and enrich their creative practice in a retreat-like, collegial setting - in the company of visual artists, music composers, writers and landscape/garden/ecological designers. Self-directed residencies will be offered from May through November, 2015. Most residencies are 4-weeks in duration, though split (2-week) sessions can occasionally be arranged to accommodate busy career schedules. International applicants are welcome. 

I-Park provides comfortable, private living quarters in an 1850's era farmhouse, a private studio space and a food program. In addition to attentive staff support, shared workshop space and an array of tools, equipment and site materials are available on request.  

While the typical residency revolves around studio work, those wishing to undertake aesthetic interventions and conceptual investigations in nature will have broad access to I-Park's expansive landscape.  

Work samples are evaluated through a competitive, juried process. A $30 application fee helps defray the cost of the independent selection panel. Accepted architects are responsible for their own work materials as well as transportation to and from the area. The program is otherwise offered at no cost to invitees. 

There will also be a special Environmental Art Program in September, 2015 (residency and exhibition) for which architecture proposals will be being solicited - details to be announced in mid- to late-December.

Program details, application form and comprehensive FAQ are available online at www.i-park.org. For more information, contact Leslie Wolf, Residency Program Manager at info@i-park.org or 860-873-2468.       

-------------------------------------------
    Agnes Miyuki
    I-Park Foundation, Inc.
    East Haddam CT
    -------------------------------------------