• 1.  insulation R value

Posted 07-25-2014 03:02 PM

-------------------------------------------
    Eugenio Aburto AIA
    architect
    Eugenio Aburto, AIA
    Palm Desert CA
    -------------------------------------------
    It is very hard trying to help people on harsh weather.  Today I try but the Green Home Guide did not let me to log.
    I understood that somebody need advice to improve his house insulation, I can do that but the publication resist my logging effort, I send a letter to them, I appreciate your comments, am I wrong?, or what is happening?:

Letter to Green Home Guide - Friday, July 25, 2014.

I did receive an email from your office.   It has a very interesting information: a question of Mr. Robert Ventry,

an a recommendations by Elizabeth DiSalvo.   Ms. DiSalvo  talks about Florida R values: R3 or R4 being used

her recommendation is to use additional insulation outside R10, inside R5.   Such becomes R19.

I am an architect licensed in California, I am interested in building natural disasters resistant structures, for

that purpose I don.t use wood or other flammable materials.  I use CONCRETE, I have a wide experience,

built 7,500 houses in Mexico about 40 years ago, in the neighborhood of Mexico City, where earthquakes are

frequent, houses still there, no even cracks.  At the same time built with CONCRETE, eight schools, shopping center

government offices.   Going to Cancun built there with CONCRETE, 10 houses and one hotel, hurricanes frequent

no problems.

In US after having my architect License, work in several architectural offices, when they ask about my expertise,

I told about my CONCRETE work, they said in here you never can have a Building Permit for a CONCRETE house,

I build the first in Cathedral City, CA.   Present my documentation for the Building Permit  and ZAP! I have it.

Then people told they like it but asked, is patented?.

Then I submit for Patent, I now I have the US 8,429,876 B2  of the Concrete Rib Construction Method.

The Concrete RIB, is because I use T-beams for walls and roof.   T-beams pour in place, to do that in an

economic way, I use blocks of EPS, 14 inches thick, which has an R value 4 per inch for one pound density,

which increases at higher densities.   Then if higher R values are required  changing density and thickness can

do easy (No R19 recommended) to some body asking for very harsh climate.

I can elaborate further about the advantages of concrete pour in place as practical, strong, cost competitive,

fast.    But, your green, sustainable, environmental, etc., etc. (more wording, no much action). doesn't accept

my input.   What is going on?......