Custom Residential Architects Network

Author looking for Churches/religious spaces that have been converted into homes

• 1.  Author looking for Churches/religious spaces that have been converted into homes

Posted 07-16-2014 02:54 PM
    This message has been cross posted to the following Discussion Forums: Interfaith Forum on Religion, Art, & Architecture and Custom Residential Architects Network .
    -------------------------------------------
    Hello,

Author, Judy Mandell is working on a coffee table book that will spotlight homes that were once churches, mosques, or synagogues.

Her email to me is below, which as more info on her book, as well as her contact info. If you can assist her in anyway (having worked on such a project or are aware of a potential project for her to spotlight), please feel free to reach out to her directly.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Matthew Tinder
    Manager, Media Relations
    The American Institute of Architects
    Washington DC

I am working up a proposal for a coffee table book titled Heavenly Havens:  Amazing Uses For Former Churches, Synagogues, Other Houses Of Worship and Commerical Structures That Have Been Converted Into Homes. 

I'm looking for homes that have been converted from churches, mosques, synagogues, or any commercial building, such as banks, car dealerships, gas stations --  you name it. The more unusual, the better.  And the more gorgeous photographs, the better.

I will interview owners, architects, and builder/contractors who did the work, and real estate agents.  I will need gorgeous photos.  All owners, architects, builders, photographers will interviewed.  Sources and photographs be credited in the book.

I would appreciate contacts from your organization -- please send me their contact information -- e-mail addresses and/or phone numbers - or  ask them to e-mail me for starters.

Thanks so much.

Judy Mandell

Judy Mandell
    434-296-9533
    judy804@aol.com

CRAN March AIAU Course