Custom Residential Architects Network

• 1.  California CRAN, CRAN at National AIA Convention and Symposium

Posted 03-18-2013 09:47 AM
    We have begun to organize, with Paul Welch's (Ex VP CCAIA) help, a statewide California CRAN organization. We have a steering committee of nine people who are having monthly conference calls to decide things like: what committees shall we have, who will be the executive officers, what are the issues that are relevant to California, what events should we attend and put on, etc. Sarah Woodfield, Paul Welch and I will be leading an organizational meeting at PCBC, Pacific Coast Builder's Conference, either June 4 or 5th in San Diego. If you want to attend, please send me an email for more information. We are looking for more members of our CCAIA CRAN steering committee and will be discussing how to start a CRAN Committee in your local chapter. Look for two CRAN Workshops and 4 sessions put on by CRAN at the AIA Convention in Denver. Information will be available soon about our annual CRAN Symposium to be held in Santa Fe, NM August 22-25. It sill consist of an all day tour of some outstanding houses plus a day and a half of great speakers talking about custom residential design! 

It is great to see the AIA providing this opportunity for Custom Residential Architects to share our knowledge and get together to share or love for residential design. Hope you can join in the effort. 

-------------------------------------------
    John Stewart AIA
    Stewart Associates Architects
    San Carlos, CA 94070
    stewartassocaia.com
    stewartassocaia@aol.com
    Jain us at AIA24 for practice-related sessions! June 5 to 8, Washington, DC, click here to learn more.

• 2.  RE:California CRAN, CRAN at National AIA Convention and Symposium

Posted 03-19-2013 07:13 PM
    I just found out the meeting at PCBC will be from noon to 4PM on June 4th. Lunch will be provided. Don't have a room assignment yet. Use discount code AIACC on checkout at registration for a $50 discount. Check back with me if you don't hear from me. Please email me to let me know you will be attending. If you can't come for the entire meeting, please come for as long as you can. We need your contact to help us explode our membership in CAl CRAN. . 

John Stewart AIA
    Stewart Associates Architects
    San Carlos CA

Jain us at AIA24 for practice-related sessions! June 5 to 8, Washington, DC, click here to learn more.

• 3.  RE:California CRAN, CRAN at National AIA Convention and Symposium

Posted 03-19-2013 08:48 PM

Great work John. You are inspiring me to do a similar thing in Texas. I will call the President of the AIA/Texas Society of Architects to see if I can get some support in the effort. Our Austin CRAN Chapter is doing great with top notch programs every month including member jobs site tours. I can't let California have a leg up on Texas.
    Keep up the good work.
    Luis Jauregui AIA
    President
    Jauregui Architecture Interiors Construction
    Austin TX