Committee on Design

• 1.  GOALS

Posted 01-23-2015 12:16 PM
    This message has been cross posted to the following Discussion Forums: Regional and Urban Design Committee and Committee on Design .
    -------------------------------------------
    I posted two blogs entitled "TWO QUESTIONS" and "TWO QUESTION FOLLOW-UP" and have again been banned from posting blogs. I think the second post was the one that offended. I wanted to relocate the city design goal and add the following to the second blog. That's when I found that I was banned. I'd at least like to get the goals completed before I'm banned entirely. I do plan to continue posting and updating "Cities and Design" at www.wmhosack.com however, when I find time away from my book.

City Planning Goals

1. To protect our source of life by geographically defining the Built and Natural Domains.
    2. To coordinate the land use allocation of shelter capacity and intensity; movement corridors; open space; and life support systems within a limited Built Domain that protects our source of life; our quality of life; and the financial stability of our shared municipal organizations.

City Design Goal

To shelter growing populations within a limited Built Domain that protects their quality and source of life - the Natural Domain.

Architectural Goals

1. To coordinate land use allocation with shelter capacity, intensity and economic benefit at the project level, since the aggregation will determine our quality of life within a limited Built Domain.
    2. To improve the design of shelter context, composition, capacity, intensity and symbiotic function within a geographically limited Built Domain.
    3. To improve the tools, knowledge and concepts needed to achieve the preceding goals.
    4. To expand private practice into the public domain and workplace by offering the ability to improve public benefit.

Common Collaborative Goal

To build a network (of professional organizations) to achieve the preceding goals through research, collaboration, education and practice

Walter Hosack
    Author
    Walter M. Hosack
    Dublin OH
    2024 HRC Taliesin West

• 2.  RE: GOALS

Posted 01-27-2015 11:04 AM
    Is it just me or does anyone else's eyes glaze over when they read Mr. Hosack's posts? They seem to decay into gibberish very quickly.

Robert Smith AIA
    Okemos MI

2024 HRC Taliesin West

• 3.  RE: GOALS

Posted 01-28-2015 05:57 PM
    Yes, where do citizen employment, economic expansion, and architectural invention ( the essence of the American Dream ) fit into Hosack's goals. Smell like the work imminent fits into Hosack's goals. William the Conqueror, 1066, careful, please.

Robert Barras AIA
    BARRAS ARCHITECTS
    Lafayette LA

2024 HRC Taliesin West

• 4.  RE:GOALS

Posted 01-29-2015 12:12 AM
    I regularly read Hosack with interest and appreciate his articulate intelligence. I do not always agree with his analyses and/or conclusions. The purpose of this forum is dialogue in service of discourse.

No need exists to comment on a crude attack (or incorrect grammar).

WMS
    29 Jan '15

William M. Singer, AIA

2024 HRC Taliesin West

• 5.  RE:GOALS

Posted 01-29-2015 12:18 AM
    I regularly read Hosack with interest and appreciate his articulate intelligence. I do not always agree with his analyses and/or conclusions. It' is my understanding that the purpose of this forum is dialogue in service of discourse.

WMS
    29 Jan '15
    William Singer AIA

2024 HRC Taliesin West

• 6.  RE: GOALS

Posted 01-30-2015 11:00 PM
    If you want one to speak, you must allow all to speak. No need exists to use incorrect grammar.

Charles Graham AIA
    Architect
    O'Neal, Inc.
    Greenville SC

2024 HRC Taliesin West

• 7.  RE:GOALS

Posted 01-29-2015 12:26 AM

I regularly read Hosack with interest and appreciate his articulate intelligence. I do not always agree with his analyses and/or conclusions. It' is my understanding that the purpose of this forum is dialogue in service of discourse.

WMS
    29 Jan '15

William Singer AIA
    Ronnette Riley Architect
    New York NY

2024 HRC Taliesin West

• 8.  RE:GOALS

Posted 01-29-2015 12:28 AM

WMS
    29 Jan '15

William Singer AIA

New York NY

2024 HRC Taliesin West

• 9.  RE:GOALS

Posted 01-29-2015 12:31 AM

WMS
    29 Jan '15

William Singer AIA

2024 HRC Taliesin West