Committee on Architecture for Education

• 1.  Passive Design Survey

Posted 03-26-2015 10:02 AM
    This message has been cross posted to the following Discussion Forums: Young Architects Forum and Committee on Architecture for Education .
    -------------------------------------------

Committee on Architecture for Education Members and Young Architects Forum,

Last year my colleague and I distributed a national survey that aimed to uncover gaps in knowledge and practice around sustainable design techniques pertaining to the built environment. We both work for architecture firms that are committed to the 2030 Challenge, but we have found that not every project we complete adheres to the current goals of the 2030 Challenge. Wondering why, we developed a survey to test the knowledge level of current practitioners around basic passive design strategies, to determine if potentially this had an impact on why our work and other's work was not meeting the goals of the 2030 Challenge.

The results were fascinating, and you can see the image below to see some of the highlights. We have decided to conduct this survey for a second time, to hone in on some of the more interesting components discovered during the last survey. We would like to ask you to help us to take this SURVEY, and pass on the link to your colleagues. The more responses collected, the better the data!

The survey should take no more than 10 minutes to complete, and will contribute to our understanding of what it will take to reach carbon-neutrality. The results will be presented at various national conferences this year. If you are interested in learning more about the study, please reach out to Sophia or I directly.

Thank you for time,

Heather Nelson - RTKL - hnelson@rtkl.com Sophia Duluk - EHDD - s.duluk@ehdd.com

Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GS8B76Z 

Heather Nelson Assoc. AIA
    RTKL Associates Inc.
    Washington DC
    CAE EdSpaces 2024 CFP