Outdoor Learning Environments - Part II (CAE Free Webinar)
Friday, February 15, 2013, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM (Eastern Time (US & Canada))
This session, the second in a three part series, introduces cultivation of outdoor classrooms as essential to 21st century education. Creating healthy landscapes that connect classroom learning with natural play environments is a growing movement in schoolyards across the world. Architects, outdoor classroom educators, garden educators and environmental design, garden outdoor classroom educators and researchers will provide insights, objectives, and practical steps for envisioning, planning and constructing successful outdoor learning experiences.
1.5 AIA Learning Units are available for this webinar.
Registration is free, but required. Register today!
In this session you will:
- Define Ecological School Yards
- Connect healthy learning opportunities with healthy outdoor environments
- Examine placement of outdoor classrooms on urban and rural school campuses
- Learn key design process steps from case studies
- Learn best practices for planting educational landscapes
- Learn evaluation and assessment standards for outdoor classrooms
Sharon Gamson Danks, MLA-MCP, Author of Asphalt to Ecosystems
Roy Diblik, Author of The Know Maintenance Approach to Gardening
John Dale, FAIA, CAE Alternative Learning Subcommittee Co-chair, Harley Ellis Devereaux
Linda Keane, AIA, CAE Alternative Learning Subcommittee Co-Chair, STUDIO 1032 ARCHITECTURE