Opportunities in Iraq: The Iraq Commercial Attaché, here in Washington D.C., is collecting indications of interest letters from U.S. design and construction firms that are interested in working for the Iraq Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. While indications of interest letters are not a common U.S. business practice, the Government of Iraq is increasingly using these letters to short list firms for upcoming project tenders. Letters are due by June 6th 2012.
Projects for Ministry of Higher Education: Over the next few years, the Iraq Ministry of Higher Education will spend a significant portion of its budgets on construction projects that include: teaching hospitals, college campuses, student dormitories, housing for professors, laboratories, and education technology. Currently, the Ministry of Higher Education is developing these projects, and is collecting the names of companies they may work with in the future.
Turn Key / Complete Projects: The Government of Iraq is increasingly looking to have a selected group of companies build entire projects. For example, the GOI is looking for companies that can design, build, equip, manage, and maintain the facilities that are tendered by GOI ministries. Groups of companies that are experienced working together as team are the most successful at meeting the GOI's needs and requirements. (The GOI does not want to put together a complex project piece by specialized piece. The GOI wants contractors that can pull everything together and assure that all of the components integrate and support the overall project.)
Indications of Interest: In order for the GOI to consider your company, or group of companies, to bid on tenders for the Iraq Ministry of Higher Education you must provide the following information by Wednesday, June 6th, 2012, COB:
- Indication of Interest Letter: This very short indication of interest letter should include:
- The name of the executive writing on behalf of the company / group of companies,
- A short statement expressing the company's, or group of companies' interest in working in Iraq and bidding on Ministry of Higher Education tenders.
- A short explanation of what your company, or consortium, does.
- Please keep this short as the letter will be translated and forwarded to Baghdad.
- Company Portfolio / Credibility File: This file can be as long as necessary. The purpose of this document is to show the Ministry of Higher Education the company's / group of companies' capabilities and past performance. This credibility file should include:
- Information about at least three projects successfully completed by the company / group of companies.
- Information about the company's ability to design, build, equip, manage, and maintain higher education facilities.
Submission Instructions: Please submit this information directly to the Iraq Commercial Attaché's office at: firstname.lastname@example.org Please cc Linda Le with the Department of Commerce's Iraq Task Force on the email: email@example.com
Director, Federal Relations
The American Institute of Architects
Be the first person to recommend this.