This message has been cross posted to the following Discussion Forums: Project Delivery and Center for Integrated Practice .
The LCI-North Capital Region is now accepting proposals for presentations for their fall conference, October 9-12 in Arlington, VA. Presentations for the program, "Improving the Way We Build" are due July 25. Find more information below:
Call For Presentations (Due July 25, 2012)
Program Theme: Improving The Way We Build
The 14th Annual Lean Construction Institute Congress will be October 9-12 in the Greater Washington, DC area. The planning committee request proposals for presentations from those who are using Lean delivery principles to plan, design, construct and operate facilities. We are interested in hearing about both improvements in fundamental practices and innovations in the use of new technologies (tools), organizational approaches and commercial terms both on projects and in company transformations. As such, criteria for selection to present include:
- Topic fits program theme
- Presenters have been directly involved in lean initiatives and experienced results
- Multiple industry perspectives are represented
- Lead presenter's organization was a key in delivering the results
- Presentations advertising companies and qualifications will not be selected (no commercials)
Topics of interest to the community include:
- How have owners influenced their organizations and the supply chain to improve?
- What was done to start and sustain an ongoing transformation?
- Case studies addressing Lean delivery (not just Lean Construction) that describe and report the:
- motivation for change
- improvements and/or innovations,
- results including both traditional measures and longer term benefits and lessons,
- relative costs of design and construction compared to traditional thinking
- cost of change
- key learning & support involved
- resistance encountered and how you navigated through it.
Company/Agency and Decision Maker Transformations
- Lean journeys, lessons, results of both strategic plans and new practices for facility owners, designers, constructors and operators. Present "C Suite", User, Procurement Agent and Leadership perspectives.
Lean Practices, Tools and Behaviors
- Presentations by people who have actually implemented lean approaches or innovations to improve performance highlighted by:
- influence on Asset Lifecycle
- role of technology to enable information flow
- impact on continuous learning & safety
- effect on project team commitment where everyone takes responsibility for project outcomes including safety, efficiency and energy.
Presentations should be 30 minutes in duration, with 20 minutes for Q&A. Total 50 minutes.
Please submit an abstract addressing the following:
- Session title
- Topic area
- Session objectives
- Lessons the audience will learn
- Lead presenter name and title
- Co presenter name and title
Submit presentation abstracts for Committee review no later than July 25, 2012. Decisions will be made and notifications delivered by August 8, 2012.
All abstracts should be submitted to:
For Congress information and planning see: