New & Noteworthy
CRAN 2015 Symposium in Minnesota
Save $50! Early registration rates end July 10, 2015.
The Custom Residential Architects Network (CRAN) will hold its 8th annual symposium on September 19-23 at the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The four-day symposium, open to all AIA and non-AIA members, will bring together custom residential architects from across the country to learn, share, and discuss relevant topics in the field of residential architecture.
FREE Webinar: FGI Primer/ Healthcare 101
Sponsored by the Academy of Architecture for Health (AAH)
Wednesday, July 29, 2015 / 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM ET / Earn 1.5 AIA LUs
This is a primer on how to use the FGI Guidelines in the course of planning and design of healthcare facilities. We will quickly review the background of the “Guidelines” and its raison d'être. We will review the essential elements of the Guidelines, available formats and how to best go about retrieving information. We will cover definitions of Acute, Ambulatory and Residential Care as well as other terms commonly used throughout the Guidelines. In closing we will cover opportunities this year to participate in the next edition’s revision process.
FREE Webinar: Department of the Navy Housing Privatization and Veterans Affairs Housing Programs
Sponsored by the Housing Knowledge Community
Thursday, August 6, 2015 / 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ET / Earn 1.0 AIA LUs
An overview of the Department of the Navy's Housing Privatization Programs and Veterans Affairs Housing Programs.
2015 CAE Fall Conference with EDspaces
EDspaces is the gathering place for architects, facility planners, designers, administrators and dealers to learn about trends and experience the latest products and services to enhance student learning.
- Explore the connections between creative learning, knowledge spaces, history, and revitalization of New Orleans.
- Stay on top of trends at 25+ CEU-accredited education sessions.
- Be the first to see the winning products in the IIDA-sponsored EDspaces Innovation Awards.
- Experience expeditionary learning in the heart of New Orleans during the School Tour.
- Browse award-winning project designs from AIA-CAE.
- Be the knowledge resource for new products for your education clients.
AIA Scholarships & Fellowships
Jul 29, 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM (ET)
Jul 30, 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM (ET)
AIA Contract Documents
Free Webinar: Completing Payment Applications and Change Orders Efficiently
Thursday, July 30, 2015 | 2:00 - 2:30 PM ET
Payment Applications and Change Orders are a vital component
to successful project management for building design and construction
The AIA has the following forms that will be discussed in the webinar:
- G701–2001, Change Order is used to implement changes in the work agreed to by the owner, contractor, and architect.
- G702-1992, Application and Certificate for Payment and the
G703-1992, Continuation Sheet, provide convenient and complete forms on
which the contractor can apply for payment and the architect can certify
that payment is due.
View a live tutorial and software demos to help you
understand the critical aspects of these forms, and how to correctly and
efficiently complete them. Register here.
The AIA is proud to announce the release of the following four documents:
- AIA Document A145™–2015, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Design-Builder for a One or Two Family Residential Project is a streamlined, homeowner-friendly document created to meet the needs of residential design-builders.
- AIA Document C102™–2015, Standard Form of Teaming Agreement between Team Manager and Team Member for the Purpose of Responding to a Solicitation and Pursuing a Project establishes the parties’ responsibilities in pursuing a project and requires them to negotiate project agreements up front.
- AIA Document G742™–2015, Application and Certificate for Payment for a Design-Build Project
The new G742™–2015, Application and Certificate for Payment for a Design-Build Project and attendant G743™–2015, Continuation Sheet for a Design-Build Project are convenient forms on which the design-builder can apply for payment and the owner can certify the amount due. These forms round out the AIA’s commercial Design-Build Family of documents. Learn more!
Connect with AIA Contract Documents® on Social Media!
Facebook | Twitter | Testimonials
Like our page and follow us to stay up to date on industry news and the latest from AIA Contract Documents. We’re
making announcements about events we’re attending, speaking
engagements, new opportunities to earn Learning Units (LU’s) and much