CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
About the AIA Atlanta Publication
AIA Atlanta has an open submissions call for articles for its first annual publication "Design Equilibrium" to educate, inform and stimulate design discussions on the built environment. The publication will highlight programs that AIA Atlanta has produced throughout the year, it will also introduce a visually stimulating publication that collaborates articles written by the design community.
The Publication will be distributed to all the AIA Atlanta members, patrons, friends of AIA Atlanta, members of the design community, media and for sale to the general public.
* To present a forum of design expression for architects and the design community.
Types of Articles
Though the main focus of the publication is architecture, other design articles are welcome. The main goal of the publication is to seek thought-provoking articles with present, current cutting edge and futuristic ideas from an interdisciplinary perspective, to address issues facing us as creative thinkers.
Areas of interest include but are not limited to the following:
progressive & experimental concepts, technology, work life balance, current projects & urban development.
We invite the participation of students, architects, interior designers, landscape architects, graphic designers, architecture enthusiast, urban planners, artists, industrial designers and other design professionals.
* Submissions must include the authorʼs full name, contact information and a resume or short bio about the author.
* Articles should be no more than 1200 words submitted in plain text via email.
* Images relevant to the article may be submitted in JPEG format. Once the article has been accepted for publication hi-res images will be requested with a minimum of
300dpi, 4 x 5 inches.
* It is the responsibility of the author to secure permission from individuals, buildings or other items featured in photographs. Photographer of all images must be credited.
* Editor reserves the right to select which articles will be published. Authors of selected articles will be notified in November 02, 2012. The authors will have 5 days for any final revisions.
* Authors agree that AIA Atlanta is free to publish all articles and hold no responsibility for the validation of information in the article.
Call for submissions begin August 01, 2012 and close on October 19, 2012 at 5:00pm.
Victoria L. Major
113 Peachtree Street, Atlanta GA 30309
Tel: 404-222-0099 x105
Email: Victoria@aiaatl.org" target="_blank">Victoria@aiaatl.org
The American Institute of Architects